Friday, June 14, 2019

Encouraging words: Going Places


April 14 Encouraging Words: Going Places

I’m thinking today of traveling.  I’ve got a big trip to Greece next month that we’ve been planning for a while and to be honest, while I’m excited about it, I’m also pretty nervous.  Have I finished making all the arrangements?  Have I thought through all these different contingencies?  What if something happens to disrupt the trip?

I guess those misgivings and second guesses are human nature and of course they apply to everything we do, not just travel.  Every time we set a goal or a new target, we’re picking someplace new to go.  If it isn’t making you a little nervous about it, it’s not aggressive enough to drive ideas and improvement.  Push it.  Set a target that forces you to ask your teams “What really needs to change in order for us to achieve this new target?”  Then you’ll be going places.

No comments:

Post a Comment